Are you a female designer, developer, problem solver, or content developer? Come learn with us and test your skills!
You’re invited to register for the second annual DC Women’s Hackathon! This is a different hackathon – it is targeted for female developers of all skill levels (beginners too!). The purpose of the hackathon is to develop a web page, mobile app, or some other app to benefit Crittenton Services of Greater Washington (http://www.crittentonservices.org/).
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Developers arrive and receive hackathon assignment
- 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Optional “How to Hack(athon) Workshop” for beginners or just start coding!
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Development continues
- 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM: Lunch for Crittenton Services girls & developers
- 12:30 – 4:00 PM: Development continues
- 4:00 PM – 4:30 PM: Presentations by developers
- 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM: Winners are chosen and prizes are awarded!
- Participant (women only): Epic female programmers beginner-advanced who will compete in the actual hackathon.
- Programming mentor (men welcome!): Pair up with a team or two and help out programmers who are not as advanced – think of this is as a group tutor.
- Event volunteer (men welcome!): Keep the event organized and running smoothly.
Note: Ladies under 18 are welcome but MUST be accompanied by an adult.