Please read this User Agreement before using this Service. By continuing to use DC Web Women.org, you agree to abide by the conditions of this User Agreement.
DCWEBWOMEN.ORG SERVICE USER AGREEMENT
- Welcome to DC Web Women.org (hereafter referred to as “DCWW,” “Service,” or “we”). By using this Service, you agree to be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement (the “User Agreement”). We reserve the right to change the terms of this User Agreement or to modify any features of this Service at any time without notice to you, and you agree to be bound by such changes. Any changes to this User Agreement shall become a part of this User Agreement and shall apply as soon as they are posted. The most current version of the User Agreement can be viewed at any time at https://www.dcwebwomen.org. Your use of this Service constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and policies. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features or functionality (including, without limitation, video and related projects) that augment or enhance the Service, shall be subject to this User Agreement.
- DCWW reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof), with or without notice. You agree that DCWW shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- This Service (including, without limitation, text, photographs, graphics, and video and audio content) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and DCWW (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings, and arrangements) has rights therein. All individual articles, videos, content, and other elements comprising this Service are also copyrighted works, and DCWW (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings, and arrangements) has rights therein. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Service. By posting or submitting content on or to the Service (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you are giving DCWW, and its affiliates, agents, and third party contractors the right to display or publish such content on the Service and its affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to DCWW made by you from time to time, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) DCWW may, or may permit users, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by the DCWW website, to compile, re-edit, adapt, or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and DCWW or its licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified, or derived) for any period.You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize DCWW to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by DCWW and this User Agreement; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by DCWW and this User Agreement. In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant DCWW all of the rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage DCWW or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, or racially or ethnically offensive, or that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (iv) post advertisements or solicitations of business.DCWW reserves the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice.
- If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that User Content infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) to our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) the URL of the location containing the material that you claim is infringing; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.Please note that attachments cannot be accepted at the email address for security reasons. Accordingly, any notification of infringement submitted electronically with an attachment will not be received or processed.
- (a) Unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Service, except as permitted under the last sentence of this Section 5(a) and except for one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing (but subject to the last sentence of this Section 5(a)), you may not distribute any part of this Service over any network, including, without limitation, a local area network, or sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. Just as DCWW from time to time excerpts materials from other sources in order to support the various commentaries and writings contained herein, we respect the right of others to make “fair use” of the materials contained on DCWW; accordingly, you may from time to time excerpt and use materials set forth on this site, provided that you give the original author credit and that such use is for a non-commercial purpose only, and, not, for example, for re-sale. (b) We are concerned about the integrity of our Service when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our Service. Neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of the Service in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright, or that has not been authorized by us.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless DCWW and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of this Agreement. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
- THIS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE “AS IS.” WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, AND INACCURACIES IN THE NEWS, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION OR GOODS THAT ARE AVAILABLE OR ADVERTISED OR SOLD THROUGH THIS SERVICE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, NOR DO WE ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT, OR OTHER MATERIAL OR DATABASE DISPLAYED, UPLOADED, OR DISTRIBUTED IN THIS SERVICE OR AVAILABLE THOUGH LINKS IN THIS SERVICE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS SERVICE. ALTHOUGH WE INTEND TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES, WORMS, “TROJAN HORSES,” OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MALWARE TO THIS SERVICE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THIS SERVICE OR MALWARE THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SERVICE DO NOT CONTAIN SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO SUCH FEATURES. IF YOU RELY ON THIS SERVICE AND ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.THIS SERVICE MAY CONTAIN VARIOUS COMBINATIONS OF TEXT, IMAGES, AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTIONS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, FACTS, ARTICLES, MARKET DATA, STOCK QUOTES, OR OTHER INFORMATION CREATED BY DCWW OR BY THIRD-PARTIES. DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SOURCES FROM WHICH CONTENT IN THIS SERVICE IS OBTAINED, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, OR INACCURACIES IN SUCH CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, SUCH CONTENT, INCLUDING THE MARKET DATA, IS FOR YOUR REFERENCE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU FOR ANY PURPOSE. SUCH CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF TAX OR INVESTMENT ADVICE AND IT DOES NOT ADVOCATE THE PURCHASE OR SALE OF ANY SECURITY OR INVESTMENT. INFORMATION CREATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT YOU MAY ACCESS ON THE SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS IS NOT ADOPTED OR ENDORSED BY DCWW AND REMAINS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
- We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to this Service. Because we have no control over such services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external services, and that we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such services. You further acknowledge and agree that DCWW shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available on or through such services.
- DCWW and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost revenues or profits, loss of business, or loss of data, in any way related to this Service, or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions, or other inaccuracies in this Service (including, without limitation, as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of this Agreement). Any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of this Service.
- This Agreement may be terminated by either party for any reason at any time. Sections 3 through 9 of this Agreement shall survive such termination.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, applicable to agreements made and to be performed therein without regard to conflict of laws principles. BY CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.